How to Change or Remove the Start Menu Icons in Windows
- Download Microangelo and install it.
- Create a blank.ico file.
- Put it in a directory (C:\Windows. Then double click on the Microangelo Engineer to run it.
- When you get it up on the screen click on the “start” tab. You will see a list of all the icons in the start menu.
- Highlight the first one (programs) and select “Change”. It will bring up a dialog box - select “browse”.
- Go to the directory that contains the blank icon and select it. Hit OK until you get back to the main
- Engineer window and do all the rest exactly the same way.
- When you have finished changing them all to the blank icon, Hit “Apply”.
- Hit your start button and look to see if all the icons are invisible. (They should be.)
- Close out Micro Engineer and you’re finished.