How to change the Startup and Logoff screens in Windows
- Create a 320x400 bitmap in the root directory and name it LOGO.SYS
- You can use LOGOW.SYS file in the Windows directory as a starter
- There are several files called LOGOX.SYS
- They are actually bitmaps 320x400 that just have a different extension
- The hidden one in the root directory LOGO.SYS is the startup logo.
- There are two files in the Windows directory.
- LOGOW.SYS is the Wait while Shutting down … screen
- LOGOS.SYS is the You may now shut-off or Reboot screen
- To edit them, rename them with a BMP extension and use your favorite graphic editor
- You can edit these files or create you own
- They just need to be the same size