What is a List Data Structure in Java
In this tutorial, we are going to learn about List DataStructure in detail.
- A List is an abstract data type, which means it is an interface with no exceptions.
- In Java list interface is present in java.util package.
- The classes that implement list data structure stores the ordered collection of objects. It can have duplicate values.
- List interface is implemented by the classes ArrayList, LinkedList, Vector, and Stack.
- Have a look at List interface which has various methods that can be used to insert, delete, and access the elements from the list.
- The representation of the data structure is hidden.
- The only means for modifying the data structure or retrieving information about it is to call one of the operations associated with the abstract data type.
Abstract Data Type = Interface + Implementation
- The interface defines the logical properties of the ADT, and especially the profiles or signatures of its operations.
- The implementation defines the representation of the data structure and the algorithms that implement the operations