What are Mathematical,Algorithmic Notations and Functions in Data Structures
In this blog, we are going to learn about mathematical notation and functions in Data Structures.
- Floor and Ceiling
- Remainder Function
- Integer and Absolute Value
- Summation Symbol
- Factorial Function
- Exponents and Logarithms:
Finite step by step list of well-defined instructions for solving a particular problem.
Formal presentation of the Algorithm consists of two parts:
- A paragraph that tells the purpose of an algorithm. Identifies the variables which occur in the algorithm and lists the input data.
- The list of the steps that is to be executed. Some conventions used in Algorithms:
- Identifying Number (Algorithm 2: ).
- Steps, Control and Exit ( All statements are numbered, Go to and Exit).
- Comments (The comments are to be given to understand the meaning).
- Variable Names (capital letters are used for variable names).
- Assignment Statement (Max:=DATA)
- Input and output (Read: variable names, Write: Messages and/or variable names)
- Sequential Logic or Sequential Flow
Selection Logic or Conditional Flow
- If (condition) Endif
- If (condition) Else Endif
- Multiple If Elseif Else Endif
Iteration Logic (Repetitive Flow)
- Repeat for K=R to S by T:
- [End of Loop]