What is SDLC and its phases
In this tutorial we are going to learn about the SDLC in detail.
Software development life cycle is a process used by the software industry to design, develop and test software to get efficient and defect less product.
Requirement Analysis -> Design -> Development -> Testing -> Maintenance
- Requirement Analysis: In requirement analysis, all the requirements are gathered and reviewed by the business analyst team to check the feasibility and availability of the resources and technology within the organization.
- Design: Keeping all the feasible requirements into action by developing a application prototype.
- Development: Development of the code as per the requirements, Coding standards set by the client.
- Testing: Once the application is developed, it is sent to the testing environment and tested thoroughly for the defect free application and multiple testing strategies are involved in this phase to test the application in all possible ways like vulnerability testing, load testing etc.
- Maintenance: Once the application passes all the test cases. it is moved into the production environment where the application is maintained or supported.