What is Polling Publisher Pattern in Microservices
In this tutorial, we are going to learn about Polling Publisher Pattern in Microservices, which is another pattern for reading the outbox table.
- This is a very simple pattern used for reading events and messages from the Outbox table.
- Message relay services periodically queries the outbox table.
- If any new messages are found in the outbox table, the message relay service sends them to their message broker and delete those messages from the outbox table.
- This works with any SQL database that supports querying the Outbox table.
- It may or may not work with some NoSQL databases.
- No need to implement a database, a specific solution. As long as your database supports SQL queries, then you can implement this pattern.