What is Polling Publisher Pattern in Microservices
In this tutorial, we are going to learn about Polling Publisher Pattern in Microservices, which is another pattern for reading the outbox table.
Polling Publisher Pattern in Microservices
- This is a very simple pattern used for reading events and messages from the Outbox table.
- Message relay services periodically queries the outbox table.
- If any new messages are found in the outbox table, the message relay service sends them to their message broker and delete those messages from the outbox table.
- This works with any SQL database that supports querying the Outbox table.
- It may or may not work with some NoSQL databases.
- No need to implement a database, a specific solution. As long as your database supports SQL queries, then you can implement this pattern.