What is a Service Discovery and how is it implemented in the Microservices
In this tutorial, we are going to learn about Service Discovery and its implementation in Microservices, which is a very important question in the interview room.
- Service Discovery is used to find where is the network location of that service, including IP and DNS name, to make a point to point connection.
- Service discovery is needed because in the cloud, i.e., Amazon Web Services have dynamic IP’s and DNS names.
Service instances, i.e., (virtual machines or containers) register or write their IP or DNS name into a container called service registry.
- You can think of service registry as a table in a database that has two columns.
- One column is the name of the microservices and Another column is the IP address of the instance.
- And you may have multiple roles in that table with the same microservice name, but with different IP’s.
- Service registry is a list of key value pair.
There are two ways of performing service discovery.