Best tutorial on building and running RESTful Web Services with HTTP CRUD operations using Spring Boot
In this tutorial we are going to learn about RESTful Web Services and implementing them with the best practices and perform basic crud operations on user details like create, read, update and delete.
These are the important topics that must be covered while preparing for a Java interview on Spring Boot and Restful web services.
Upon completion of this course, who have never build RESTful Web Services. It will guide you step-by-step through basics and will help you create and run RESTful Web Services from scratch.
- What are RESTful Web Services
- Difference between REST and SOAP Web Services
- How to Design a RESTful Web Service
- Difference between HTTP and HTTPS
- HTTP headers Accept and ContentType in Restful web services
- Generate a project using Spring Boot Initializr
- Building a Rest Controller in Spring Boot
- Rest Controller with POST, GET, PUT, DELETE Mappings
- @PathVariable annotation in Spring Boot
- @RequestParam annotation in Spring Boot
- Returning Java object as a return value in Spring Boot
- Returning object as XML or JSON with Produces in Spring Boot
- Returning HTTP status codes from Rest Controller in Spring Boot
- Reading XML or JSON payload from HTTP POST using consumes in Spring Boot
- HTTP POST request using hibernate bean validations in Spring Boot
- HTTP GET request to store user details temporarily in a Map Spring Boot
- HTTP PUT request to update user details in Spring Boot
- HTTP DELETE request to delete user details in Spring Boot
- Handling exceptions and returning custom error message in Spring Boot
- Dependency Injection using @Autowired Annotation in Spring Boot