Write a program to Create a Class which Performs Basic Calculator Operations in Python
In this tutorial we are going to learn about Creating a Class which Performs Basic Calculator Operations in Python.
class cal(): def __init__(self,a,b): self.a=a self.b=b def add(self): return self.a+self.b def mul(self): return self.a*self.b def div(self): return self.a/self.b def sub(self): return self.a-self.b a=int(input("Enter first number: ")) b=int(input("Enter second number: ")) obj=cal(a,b) choice=1 while choice!=0: print("0. Exit") print("1. Add") print("2. Subtraction") print("3. Multiplication") print("4. Division") choice=int(input("Enter choice: ")) if choice==1: print("Result: ",obj.add()) elif choice==2: print("Result: ",obj.sub()) elif choice==3: print("Result: ",obj.mul()) elif choice==4: print("Result: ",round(obj.div(),2)) elif choice==0: print("Exiting!") else: print("Invalid choice!!") print()
- A class called cal is created and the init() method is used to initialize values of that class.
- Methods for adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing two numbers and returning their respective results is defined.
- The menu is printed, and the choice is taken from the user.
- An object for the class is created with the two numbers taken from the user passed as parameters.
- Using the object, the respective method is called according to the choice taken from the user.
- When the choice is 0, the loop is exited.
- The final result is printed.