Beginners tutorial on Python from scratch to Advanced Python, Designed for software programmers to learn Python programming language
Python is a general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language. Like Perl, Python source code is also available under the GNU General Public License (GPL). This tutorial gives enough understanding on Python programming language.
- Created by Guido van Rossum.
- First released in 1991.
- Supports object-oriented programming with classes and multiple inheritance.
- Comes with a large standard library.
- Includes a Integrated development environment(IDLE).
- Runs on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux as Freeware.
- Easy to Use: Python is very easy to use and high level language. Thus it is programmer-friendly language.
- Expressive Language: Python language is more expressive. The sense of expressive is the code is easily understandable. It is almost similar to English language.
- GUI Programming: Graphical user interfaces can be developed using Python.
- Interpreted Language: Python is an interpreted language that means interpreter executes code line by line . (Interpreter translates just one statement of the program at a time into machine code. compiler scans the entire program and translates the whole of it into machine code at once.)This makes debugging easy and thus suitable for beginners.
Python is a popular programming language and it is used in almost every technical field. The various areas of Python use are given below.
- Data Science
- Date Mining
- Desktop Applications
- Console-based Applications
- Mobile Applications
- Software Development
- Artificial Intelligence
- Web Applications
- Enterprise Applications
- 3D CAD Applications
- Machine Learning
- Computer Vision or Image Processing Applications.
- Speech Recognitions
Following are important characteristics of Python Programming
- It supports functional and structured programming methods as well as OOP.
- It can be used as a scripting language or can be compiled to byte-code for building large applications.
- It provides very high-level dynamic data types and supports dynamic type checking.
- It supports automatic garbage collection.
- It can be easily integrated with C, C++, COM, ActiveX, CORBA, and Java.
Just to give you a little excitement about Python, I’m going to give you a small conventional Python Hello World program.
print ("Hello, Python!");
You should have a basic understanding of Computer Programming terminologies. A basic understanding of any of the programming languages is a plus.